Sunday, April 5, 2009

32nd Sunday...A Eureka Moment!!!

Song of the week: Shanice Wilson – Don't Break My Heart

Encouragement Verse: “I love you, God— you make me strong. God is bedrock under my feet, the castle in which I live, my rescuing knight.” – Psalm 18: 1 - 2 (The Message)

Quote of the week:There is nothing that waste the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatever.” --- Mahatma Gandhi


Had a ‘Eureka Moment’ this Thursday…


[How do you feel when you find something you’ve been looking for over ten years? Excited??? Emotional??? Or simply, indifferent???

Nah! definitely not indifferent, I think you will have that moment when you just want to shout ‘Eureka’ or even do more than that…You know tell everyone who cares to listen what has happened...as you tell me yours, do take time to read about my own moment this past Thursday…]


…So I think the year was 1996, and it was around that year that CD players began to work their way into the minds and pockets of people who loved to brag about acquiring new high-tech gadgets. The new magic box saved a lot of people the time spent rewinding those audio cassette with their pen/pencil or even their fingers when we had to replay their favorite track again and again.

Worst of all, having to screw open these audio cassette and bond back the broken tape that have been ripped off while playing... [Thank God those days are long gone, like those shoulder pad…LOL]

Anyways, I decided to travel during the holiday break that year to spend some time with my cousins... One of my cousins who was in the University back then use to play the hell out one particular song on her new CD player (Yeah! She was one of the fortunate ones back then...) Unfortunately, I was forced to listen to it because I shared a room with her and my little cousin. I had to listen to it everyday until somehow the song eventually grew on me. At that time, I always thought the song was featured in the soundtrack of the movie, ‘Boomerang’ but I was so wrong.

After my vacation was over and I was back home, I began listening to radio everyday, hoping I would get to listen to it but I never did get to hear it again. I am sure you will say, 'At least, Kemi, you got saved by the bell...' Yes, I should be happy but I had also fallen in love with the song...sometimes I found herself humming the only part I still knew. And when the internet was invented, I tried to searching for it but yet again, I was unlucky. Also never hear it on radio either.

Sooner or later, I gave up hope ever finding it until this past Thursday when that same song resurfaced in my “Blast from the past” archive file...
This time, I decided to ask a colleague if she had ever heard the song. I sang the part I knew to her but she also had never heard the song. She recommended we search for it on the internet. I took her advice and did so. And as luck would have it, the search brought up links to the song, ‘Don’t break my heart’ by Shanice Wilson.

I wasn’t sure if it was the exact song I have been searching for but I decided to try looking for it on my beloved YOUTUBE (I wonder why I never checked there until now?)...The song began to play and when it got to the chorus, behold it was The One,


OMG! EUREKA! EUREKA!! EUREKA!!! Gosh! I have found it!!!”


[I repeatedly said to myself even though I would have wanted to go tell it on the mountain about my goodnews.]

And for the first time I took my time to listen to the lyrics of this long searched for song and I have to write that now I do understand why my cousin was so in love with this song (you've got to listen to it to understand...Click the title link to listen)...and to me, it was worth the long wait and search…so worth it, I have to write.

This might be an insignificant tale but if you have been waiting to hear that one song that could change your whole life forever…or you have been waiting for that someone or something that makes all the waiting worth while…You will understand my excitement.

I want to let you know that nothing you do is in vain…it might be irrelevant to those you tell your story to but God has a hand in it. He planned it all. He planned this to happen to me so I could reassure someone that He has not forgotten about you…and guess what? Sssh! don’t tell anyone but YOU & I, are His Favorite!!!
See you on Easter Sunday...

...Images from: Getty Images