Sunday, October 19, 2008

8th Sunday...When the Past Came Knocking Again!!!

Song of the week: Asa – Bi'Banke

Encouragement Verse: “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” – Isaiah 43:18-19

Quote of the week: “It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, “Always do what you are afraid to do.” --- Ralph Waldo Emerson


So it was Tuesday, when heard the door to my heart unlock…it was unlocked by a familiar friend who I never took the keys from. Again pursuit by another ‘Blast from my past’...”they sure picked the right time to come back, at my time of vulnerability”. But this time, it was definitely time to bring to a close that part of my past or I will never be able to start the ball rolling to the next phrase of my life. I truly needed closure…it will be hard but Lord, help me…!!!

As usual, he captivated me with those empty promises that sounded sweet but had a hidden agenda. The deep-rooted feelings all came back to me, muddling up my sane thinking…one part, wanted to cuddle those feelings again and go along with the familiar screenplay I was used to (Supporting Actress to the ‘Other woman’). Another cautioned me about my settling for less.

“Gosh! Why do I keep taking that same old road to nowhere?” Just then I heard Asa sing, Bi'Banke. that song smacked me back to the veracity of what was really going on. I had been a fool but I didn’t have to be again. I didn’t have to be that supporting actress that is never remembered when (by right) I had been given the ‘Lead role’ in the story of my life. No, I had to end this now or I will never know what it feels like to say, NO! to him.

Just then the words that I feared to utter came out effortlessly. I may have ended a friendship but it was one that had outlasted its welcome…This time I disconnected the plugs.


As for him, I can only pray for him…’God, help him to truly find you and that he will be truly committed to the one he was made to love, Amen’. But as for me, it may hurt now but I am finding the strength to move on.

Am moving on…!!!

Picture source: Rudduck.com