Monday, October 27, 2008

9th Sunday...Learning to Forgive!!!

Song of the week: Jordin Sparks – One Step at a time

Encouragement Verse: “He will yet fill your mouth with Laughter, and your lips with shouts of Joy.” – Job 8:21 NIV

Quote of the week: “With the death of every friend I love...a part of me has been buried...but their contibution to my being of happiness, strength and understanding remains to sustain me in an altered world.” --- Helen Keller


In spite of all the dramas of the week, another Sunday has come to overtake Saturday again…Ok, we are almost there, you can say, if you are reading this post on Sunday…over here it is just 5:45pm. Once more, I have been able to performance the task for the week elapse.

So I wrote in my last post, about old flames that keep cropping up at my time of vulnerability. I should just snub them but I really need to take care of it and finally put a dot at the end of that ancient history.

Well, enough of the old tales…

Anyways this past week I also updated my Goal/Aspiration list for 2008 (I kind of love the term, ‘Bucket list…living each day like it is your last’). As I re-examine it, I was thankful about how much I have accomplished so far. And even if I still haven’t found what I am looking for [“what am I really looking for?”) I can still give myself a pat on the back. So in anticipation to the New Year, I also decided to adjust the list with more ‘Bucket list’, hitting the ‘backslash’ key behind the year 2008 and keying in ‘2009’ at the end. And as this year begins to slip away one month after the other, I’ll definitely be including more goals or probably, I may decide to hit the ‘delete’ key as I go through the list.

Sometimes things may change and another time, it won’t change. Some people may change now while other times, they decide it isn’t necessary. But change is good. Some things may matter now while other times, those things won’t even matter. Whatever may be the case, I want to be able to look back then give Praise to God that He saw me through those difficult situation…helped me change ,my bad habits that estranged me from His love…and gave me the strength to endure the storm. God truly is rescuing me!

So this brand new week I would like to work on changing another flaw – UNFORGIVENESS. If it was a stranger who hurt you, then you could easily detach yourself from them or you may never see them again. But the real test definitely comes when they belong to the same lineage as you. ‘What do you do if they are your brother, sister or parent?’ It is easy to say, ‘I will forgive all’ when asked…but as the saying goes, ‘easier said than done’.

When we confront the reality of forgiving, we discover we have a double standards. I call myself a Christian…but many times I do find it difficult to truly forgiving. Instantly, I erect a wall between them and myself, becoming stingy with those three words that could lift the burden than I carry – I FORGIVE YOU. But God is still working on me and I will find the strength to triumph over this flaw. GOD I NEED HELP TODAY!!!