Sunday, November 16, 2008

12th Sunday...Taking it ALL Back!!!

Song of the week: Cece Winans – Waging War

Encouragement Verse: So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as He told me.” – Acts 27:25

Quote of the week:God is the God of promise. He keeps His word, even when that seems impossible; even when the circumstances seems to point to the opposite.” --- Colin Urquhart


In forty (40) day, it will be 2009…hmmm! How times flies by!
Believe me when I write that I am thankful for all my accomplishments this year but I am not satisfied.

I believe that I may have held back on several occasions due to the crippling fear of failing or putting great importance on what others would say or think if I made a move. But this time around the battle line has been drawn against those invisible enemies; it is time to wage a war on my fears, compulsions, and every glitches along the road that restrain me from taking possession of what’s mine...

I don’t anticipate repeating the same test I went through this year (and failed) next year. And I am certainly not taking a rain check over the things I have planned to do. This time it is going to be a knock-out!!! Wow! I am so excited…

To be honest with you, I do dread the possibility of chickening out of this deal…but I

have faith in God that He will keep me persistence. And even when I may fall along
the path of recurring sins, I will get back right up again, pressing forward to the point of victory. My spirit will rejoice at what God will do in my life these coming Sundays.

Thirty-eight Sundays left and I am holding my breath because this time I am going to shout for Joy…and even when those random thought of doubt tiptoe into my mind. I will be fighting back and keeping a tab on each triumph. This will be another large red checkmark on my calendar.

On my finance, even when there’s the urge to go on a spending spree…I will walk up to my refrigerator and stare at the picture of the car I glued on it. Gosh! My poor legs are trying to fail me but ‘thank God’ they still want to go on. I am always praying that I don’t fall as I run to catch the bus every morning on my way to work…

So I am definitely taking control of my finances, so come next year (‘…I am using my words to change my situation’) I will be driving MY CAR… [Not borrow/rented] but fully purchased.

And when the past comes pounding hard on my window and the bitterness in it rears its ugly head on my windowpane. I will knock it back into last year. I want peace and I surely want result.

I know I am changing…sometimes I can’t believe how far I have come but I don’t want to be satisfied with little progress. I want more like Oliver Twist. So I will be holding my breath until the moment when I can breathe again…

And God says to me, even “When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.” – Isaiah 59:19

Images from: Getty Images