Sunday, November 30, 2008

14th Sunday...So let’s just be thankful…!!!

Song of the week: Midnight Crew – Igwe

Encouragement Verse:You have put gladness in my heart…I will both lie down and sleep in peace; for you alone, O Lord, make me lie down in safety.” – Psalm 47:7 – 8 (NRSV)

Quote of the week:We can always find something to be thankful for, no matter what may be the burden of our wants, or the special subject of our petitions.” --- Albert Barnes


Fourteenth Sunday…I just want to show my gratitude...
Truly there’s always something to be thankful for…
For everything missing,
There’s something found…


So when I am ambushed at the Bus Stop by heaven’s tears and all I have is the newspaper that I just bought from the vendor down the street to shield my pricey one-day-old hair-do from its rage.

And every attempt to protect my body and feet prove futile as they become wet with its tears. And the chilliness is becoming intolerable, that I can only grumble …I should remember that at least, I have a place to go to where I will find warmth…and that there are people who find their haven under the bridge…

And when I get to work and nag once more about my job…I should remember that at least, I have a job to complain about…


And also even when I get a call from my family complaining about anything and everything…I should remembered at least, I have a family that cares so much to bug you sometimes (laughing)…


So let’s just be thankful…



Images from: Getty Images