Sunday, January 11, 2009

20th Sunday...They Don't Fit...!!!

Song of the week: Shola Allyson-Obaniyi – Eledumare

Encouragement Verse:Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?” – Amos 3:3 (NIV)


Quote of the week:Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us.” --- Orison Swett Marden

So it was Tuesday, and I unwavering decided to put on the newest member of my Shoe Club to the office. I was going to ‘drop it like it HOT!’ even when I knew they seriously hurt my feet at first wear…Even when my ‘feet conscience’ (transmitting ‘word of warning’ to the brain) sounded the alarm at the harm this could trigger but I deliberately pay no heed to the voice. It was like I was saying, “Damn, my good judgment…”

I stepped out of the house in style in those cute shoes. And like a fast moving train, I was off to work. Getting there in a record-breaking time...I was like the ‘Michael Phelps’ on land. I just could not wait to catwalk for my colleagues and become the envy of all the ladies there…” But by mid-afternoon, I had a rude awakening, my feet began to hurt so bad…those shoes that once brought me pleasure began to kill my feet softly…By now, I could hear over and over again as my conscience rang sense into this head of mine, ‘They don’t fit…’

I was unable to concentrate again. My hurting feet began to hurt badly, the clients on the other side of the phone, my Boss…and my colleagues all fought to gain my attention but I was lost in the World of ‘Yeah! I won die o

Before I knew it, I felt sick and suffocated with pain… I was already sweating like a Pig and automatically became the ‘Clock Watchman’… keeping tab as seconds turned into minutes, and minutes into hours… By three, I was unable to take it any longer that I had to politely excuse myself from the office to go home.
Once inside my flat, I got rid of them and avoided them like a plague after that. At this point I was so relieved; it was like a heavy burden was lifted.

Now, ask me what have I learnt from this experience? The simplest answer I can give for now [still recuperating …LOL]: “Can two walk together, except they…agreed?”



Images from: Getty Images