Sunday, January 18, 2009

21st Sunday...The In-Laws!!!

Song of the week: D'Banj – Olorun Maje

Encouragement Verse:If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land.” – Isaiah 1:19(NIV)


Quote of the week:Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant, they is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.” --- Johann Gottfried Von Herder

Little by little, I am picking up speed in my quest for CHANGE. Everyday I am learning and I know there’s still room to change for the better …I know I can’t be perfect or I probably will need to pack up my bags and journey to ‘Heaven’…because that’s the only place where Mr. Perfect & Miss Perfect live.
Down here, what we find are people with flaws and we either take them as they are or keep searching…

To all my Single ladies…


Anyways, this past Thursday, we had a discussion about being single and still seriously searching… (Always a hot topic when you get an ‘invite’ from an old friend getting married). Anyways, the discussion was about how some in-laws can be so cruel to their daughters-in-law (as usually) when a thought hit me like a light bulb.

Now there are three things we will have to live with, when we eventually get married: Our husband, the marriage (at least, if divorce is not in your vocabulary) and your in-laws. These are all part of the whole package of saying “I do”… it is either all or nothing especially if you are an African...let alone, a Nigerian.

Ok, back to our ‘Light-bulb’ moment…One thing that really struck me was the fact that when we are seriously searching for Mr. Right/Perfect (actually, we never find him because he never remained on earth when other angels remained behind…) even years before we finally meet him by stoke of luck and attending a lot of Singles seminars, we seriously storm heaven with our prayers. [Notice that I am using the word, ‘Seriously’ a lot…LOL!!!]


And then the two love birds meet and eventually fall in love before deciding to take it to the next level: Marriage (at least, that how it is suppose to be)…we bid farewell to all the single ladies and immediately become members of the ‘Power of a Praying wife’ club who dedicate their lives seriously (once again) triggering an earthquake in heaven (could have called it, ‘Heaven quake’…anyhow) with our prayer for a successful marriage…and now for the In-laws...??? What happens to them, please don’t they also need prayers???

If you've watched the movie, ‘Monster-in-Law’ then you will see the necessity of praying also for the In-laws or asking God for a ‘Naomi’ as a Mother-in-law so we can exclaim like Ruth (Read, Ruth 1:16 – 18)…ok, lets be honest we can’t all have Saints as In-laws but prayer does tone down their plans to cause any storm in your marriage.

Think about it all my single ladies…What do you think???

Do have a wonderful week ahead…until next Sunday when I will be ‘Sleepless in Seattle’… Adieu!!!

Images from: Getty Images