Sunday, March 15, 2009

29th Sunday...I Need To Slow Down!!!

Song of the week: Third Day – Call My Name

Encouragement Verse: “Have mercy on me, O GOD, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.” – Psalm 51: 1 (NIV)


Quote of the week:Attitude is Everything...Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain. Each day is not promised to us, but with each day that we are given, let’s make a difference!” --- Author Unknown



Eight month ago, My Genesis began [See my First Sunday Post] with Hope & Faith that I will have a bountiful harvest at the end of it all (Amen).
And like Esther, I wonder how God's revelation about my destiny will ever come to past. Every road that leads to the fulfilment of God‘s promised blessings seem to have one obstruction of some sort: some caused by my own making while others caused by some other reasons.

We need to recognize those obstacle which we have brought about by our own doing and ask God to help us ‘Slow down’ before it leads to our destruction...
I am thankful to God that I can post my Sunday post again which happens to be my Twenty-nineth Sunday post, to begin the new week...also am all grins today that my journey is still not over. So this Sunday, I ask,


God for what reason am I here...show me what You want to make of my life. Please don't cast me to the side...don't remember my sins which I do know is alway before You. But You, O Lord, forgive me. Have Mercy but let me know Your plans for my life...”

My Flaws
Like glue, my bad habit have stuck with me...and they keep accumulating like keepsake items that I am never in need of but I just keep around...

I definitely need to do something about them before they overtake me. I have to realize that God can only help me when I do call on His name. For it is when we are weak...that God is strong.

Also on my own, I decided to add more fun to my struggles knowing that I will overcome in the end. I need to make an effort to change instead of telling myself that I will but keep going back to the dirt. I guess I am tired of repeating the same exam which is the core course to my long overdue graduation to the next level.



God Has A Sense of Humor

So this is what I decided to do (by His grace)...Get a calender which I will insert 'Smiley faces’ as each day goes by (only if I do earn them though)...
If I succeed in doing something positive each day, then I reward myself with ‘Smiley faces’ but if I succumb to my own desire and eat dinner once more with the devil then I get a sad face. Each Month I get to calculate how far I have fought to stay steadfast to my promise to God. I just want to make it fun because who said, God does not have a wonderful sense of humor...[*Wink]

He Does...


I also need to alway remember that “I am God's temple therefore I need to take care of it until the day God visits me and finds me worthy of His heavenly place..."


*Remember I can't do it alone without God and you, Guys who have been an encouragement to me. God bless you as I read your input.



Images from: Getty Images