Sunday, May 24, 2009

39th Sunday...Another Leap Of Faith!!!

Song of the week: Gbenga Ogundeyi – Felefele Laye

Encouragement Verse: ...“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” – 2 corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

Quote of the week: “Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.” --- Cherie Carter-Scott


So I needed to do something to eliminate the dissonance that exist in my mind about beginning another blog...but how do I share an in-depth yarn about the adventurous and not so adventurous world of Kemi? I am not just that blogizen (Citizen of Blogville) who take pleasure in blogging every Sunday. It is more than just that, I am a woman who has a not-so perfect past, a struggling-to-be-the-best present but definitely a bright future that is not completely rid of all the normal hurdles I have to jump over but one with dreams that are been fulfilled.

Now in order to approach the future with open arms, one needs to make peace with the ghost of their past. And even though I know that I still only but a work-in-progress, I am without a doubt not the same person I was four years ago.

I was heartbroken, angry, and ripped myself to bit's thinking that my happiness was dependable on those who were in my life. But I was burnt by that foolishness and in turn, I found emancipation of the pain, by keeping a journal that was crammed with records of bitterness, disappointment, regrets. That did not help.

Understandable I know I can’t be completely be rid of the past (I still have the scars that reminds me of it) but I am making an effort to see the sun shining in every cloudy situation and to be a better person because of the experiences, not just for me but for ‘Him’…ok, I need to give this ‘him’ a name…hmmmm, let me see…I think I will settle with Bankolé* (My ‘Bankolé’ is in no way connected to any Bankolé or Banky you may know, so drop the suspicious thought)…and that’s what his name will be until death do us part…

So let the building of my castles in the air begin…once Bankole and I, have crafted a solid foundation of friendship and love, we will definitely bring the castle down for the world to see…LOL

*The Blog to be officially launched in June...Watch this space!!!

Do have a wonderful week my fellow Blogizens…