Sunday, May 31, 2009

40th Sunday...2 ½ times disappointed but 1 big VICTORY!!!!!!

Song of the week: Hezekiah Walker – Moving Forward

Encouragement Verse: “As the distance of East from West, so far from us does He put our faults...” – Psalm 103: 12

Quote of the week:Whenever you choose to change for the better, your life automatically gains more value. Don't be stagnant in your secret sins, take a hold of Jesus' garment and let Him make you whole again.” --- Jaycee [Lamp]


I have come to realize that as I write the next chapter of my journey into the next phrase of my life, there will be those who will deride me. I should be afraid of the decisions I have made, afraid to love again...Worst more, afraid of what the future holds for me...But I won’t relent as I go forth in faith. For the Lord is truly my strength!!!

The process of beginning a new journey to finding your life’s purpose can be scary but you just take the first step in faith and God will carry you the rest of the road. [Remember poem, “Footprints In The Sand”]

So you might wonder why the title, “2 ½ times disappointed but 1 big VICTORY”. It came about as I decided in my last post to start another blog to impart encouraging word (By His Grace) into the life of people out there. I also remembered the story about how I began to pursue acquiring a visa to visit abroad.

The very first time I was scheduled for an appointment at the Embassy in Victoria Island, Lagos (In Nigeria), I was so excited because I was convinced I was definitely going to get it. I had all the exact documents (or so I thought) that was required by me to submit but I was in for a disappointment…a disappointment that almost paralyzed my faith in believe I could attain anything I set out to get.

After that incident, I stayed clear awhile (to be precise, four years)…then I took a crack at it again, this time with a renewed hope that was soon to be lost again. Twice disappointed already.

But once more I pressed forward…this time approaching the battle field with caution. Listening firmly to what the Holy Spirit had to say about the place I was going to. And just as I got dressed for my appointment…I got in my Spirit not to go forth. Hence I went out when the day was dawn, to splurge the money (I should have paid for my application fee) to pamper myself with. [My half ‘½’ disappointment]

By the end of that day, I was making a vow with God that I won’t come to that place until my status changed (2 ½ times I applied as a Visitor)…my victory did not come until I gave up thinking about it and went about my duty in life like nothing happened to me. At this point, My friends were tired of hearing say the same old story about traveling abroad but I still believe a miracle would come. And when God did give me my victory, He made sure it would be a hit-maker in the eyes of those who teased me. God gave them an Oscar winning performance that saw me doing the Victory dance.
He gave me a ‘Lottery Win’…So I was not just a visitor to the new land, a legal Resident. [My Big Victory…]

[*Now you know…that Kemi has set sail on a mission to do the Lord’s work in a foreign land…I guess this post is like coming out of the closet but not in negative/bad way]

Thus I press forward in faith, ready to make a change & sacrifices that will make a difference in my life by seeking God’s anointing to remove those thorns that have covered my life. I SURRENDER TO GOD…I am MOVING FORWARD in faith…Join me as I go forth (Amen)

God bless you all



*Breaking News:
New Blog Alert!!!
>>>Pop in and show some love >>> Kemi Penelope

Upcoming:
~ While, next Sunday (On this blog) read as I came from emptiness to His fullness at a time like this.


Pixel source: Istockphoto